Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19

Thanks for your letter and for getting the boys to write. :) 

I´m all fine now. My scabs are all healed and were almost all though clothes so dirt wasn´t a problem. We told the zone leaders immediatly and President Hansen got informed by them and then called to make sure I was okay, but no one even mentioned calling the police, probably because nothing was robbed and the license plate of the car was covered.

Also, Bobby, the little dog, stole Lambie from my bed for a third time and this time she was all wet and dirty and her paw is torn. We try to keep the door closed as much as possible to keep Bobby out, but he sneaks in when we aren´t looking. 

It´s starting to rain almost every day now, which can get rather cold, but I think the rainy season´s all over by the end of february if not sooner, so it won´t last for long. 

Hermana Hansen (not the mission president´s wife, another missionary) has had problems with ingrown toenails and just got them cut out last week. Is that the same thing that happened with Robert as I was leaving? How long did he have to stay off his feet?

The 6 week period is called a cambio in Spanish. I think it´s called a transfer in English. Yes, this is the last week. Next Sunday I find out my new companion and next Tuesday she shows up and Hna Aliaga goes home. The last couple days, starting this Friday or Saturday are going to be a mess because Hna Aliaga has end of mission activities. I think I´m going to be with another missionary whose companion is also leaving for some of those days, but I still don´t really know how it´s all going to work. 

I´m a bit nervous about who my companion is going to be, because I get along really well with hna aliaga and I might not get along so well with this new person and it will certainly be awkward at first and I can´t figure out how to say awkward in spanish. I´ve asked around and no one else knows how to say awkward in spanish either. 

I´m sorry to hear about everything going on with Beth. What you´re discribing sounds to me like a group home, those exist, don´t they?

I didn´t realize that the bookshelves were in the sitting room. I thought they were going in the futon room. What are you going to do with all the space in there?

This week we have some great new people we are teaching and more than are starting to progress more, which is really nice. I wanted to do a sort of spotlight the investigators with some of the people I have photos of to give you more of a sense of what I´m doing, but I don´t really have time now. If you have questions about the pictures, ask. 

The family in the last few pictures are Carola and Alex(not pictured), we made umentas (tamales) with them, which was fun, but they came out kind of gross tasting in my opinion (too much cheese). They are a really great family. Their two little boys get along and play together all the time and tell me all about dinosaurs and which ones eat plants and which ones eat people. Alex and Carola really love each other and are motivated to listen to us so that they can be sealed in the temple. 

Every Tuesday we have a missionary night at the church, which just means that the missionaries plan the activities. Last Tuesday was our turn (we alternate with the elders) and we had a great scavenger hunt with different clues from the scriptures. Afterwards we talked about the parables from the new testament that compare the kingdom of heaven to a treasure and how valuable it is. 

 Se regalan gatitos aqui...Kittens are given here!








No comments:

Post a Comment