I´m not sending you that many photo´s this week because without Hna Aliaga always taking photos, I don´t take that many. The first few photos are from last monday. I realized I hadn´t sent you any photos of drinks in bags. What I have in the picture is milk with cinnomin and oatmeal (I couldn´t taste any oatmeal), bt fruit juices are a lot more common.
Next, I have some pictures that I think turned out really well of figs. Figs are in season and a lot of people have extras from the fig trees in their yards that they give us. Figs are not very sweet, but they aren´t bad. Next is all the stuff I have up on my wall. It looks a lot less baren in person. I don´t understand why Aunt Heather sent me my own baby pictures, but I put them up too. Finally this morning Hna Nuñez and I realized we didn´t have any pictures of the two of us, so we took one before leaving the house.
Don´t worry I should be able to wear these shoes for a lot longer. However, last week when my feet got soaked the shoes took a lot of damage and I realized that they might not wear out gradually like they had been. I don´t care too much about the color, but not red. They need to be able to match with everything.
I sent Dad his letter last week after internet and they said it would take 15 days at the longest, which I think is overly opptomistic, but it might get to you this coming week.
My observation of the week is that I don´t think I´m a teenager anymore. The 16 and 17 year olds that we teach or who visit with us sometimes feel like they are the same age as me, but I often feel a lot more mature then them. I have the prespective to see that their huge problems are not the end of the world nor are nearly as big as they seem. I remember feeling like that, like the whole world was against me, but now I have to remember to be patient as they work out that their parents are not trying to ruin all their plans, but just want them to think through their descions and get home on time.
I´ve thought a bit about your question of if I´m really happy and that I should tell you when things aren´t going well. I think I am generally happy. There is a difference between momentary and long term happiness. At many moments throughout the day I wish I were doing something else that involved less walking or being in the hot sun or people who aren´t home when they promised they would (today we went to visit someone at 8am, which is super early to be visiting and it´s pday to boot because they said that was the only time they had, but when we got there they were leaving and really they aren´t that interested in talking to us) or who don´t want to listen to us, but still take up a lot of our time talking, while we stand there late for something else. However, at the end of the day I am happy with what I´ve done that day and how I am living my life.
I sometimes miss watching tv or listening to rent really loud in the car or being able to chose what I´m going to eat without worrying what my companion thinks of my food choices, but I can see a huge different in how receptive I am to the Spirit. I truely enjoy studying the scriptures and, when I finally got the Liahona from Conference, the talks asnwered so many questions I had, just like everyone always said that conference talks did, but I didn´t see before.
The other day I was thinking of how I know all the details of the characters in movies and books that I like (Sebas, the 4 year old son of Hna Anavel, has a bunch of avengers action figures and I was explaining the different characters to Hna Nuñez while Sebas disagreed with me. He will not be convinced that spiderman in not in the avengers movie and I have to remember that he´s 4 and that convincing him that Loki is more misunderstood than purely evil is not that important.) and that now I am putting some of that energy into remembering the lives of the people we teach. They are all really unique and interesting. It helps me to remember what it says in Preach My Gospel that whatever the problems people have, the gospel will help them, because I have so little experience with ecomonic or family problems. I can just tell them that praying will help and coming to church will help and that reading the Book of Mormon will help because it will.
Today I am happy because it is pday and also because a ton of people who we invited to church came! Earlier this week I was pretty discouraged because two days in a row we spend several hours with nothing to do trying to remember someone who lives near where we were to go visit because all of our plans had fallen through. I am proud that in the area I am in we have yet to have to knock on doors to find someone to teach and don´t want to break that streak and also if we are out of people to visit after dark we don´t want to knock on random doors.
This coming weekend is carnival. The young men and young women and ysa are going camping (each group seperatly) for 4 days and the ward will be really empty on Sunday. However, I think they are going to have a great trip and I hope the people we are teaching who are going to go can make a lot of close friends. Girl´s camp was always a great experience for me for different reasons each year. The first year I went I came back with a testimony strong enough to decide to be baptised. The second year (or maybe third) was the first time I bore my testimony in public. I also got to be a leader for the first years in the final year.
The other reason I´m telling you about carnival is that on monday and tuesday next week we won´t be allowed to leave the house for anything more than to go to the pension for meals because there are too many people throwing water ballons and drinking. We will get a half day pday on wednesday morning to write home and do shopping or other pday things.
No comments:
Post a Comment