Happy Birthday, Dad!
The photos came through just fine. The yard looks very green and summery. We are feeling the winter more here. It still gets really hot and sunny in the middle of the day, but for fewer hours than it did a few months ago. However, the seasons aren´t that distinct and San Juan´s day (the winter solstice) is celebrated with barbaques.
You were right that we didn´t change at all this cambio. I wasn´t that surprised because we had only been together one cambio, but Hna Gonzales was really hoping and half expecting to leave, so she was really sad. She seems disappointed more easily by the lack of success here in Cobija, but we are learning to get along a bit better.
This week we had stake conference and in the middle of the Saturday night session they announced that Elder L Tom Perry, one of the Twelve, had died. It was sad, but President Hansen reminded us in his talk (the stake had invited our mission president to give a talk) that Elder Perry had lived a long, good life and was now reunited with his wife and other family members who had died. The conference in general was really good, but none of the people we invited came.
Hna Gonzales and I eating choripan (chorizo is sausage and pan is bread), a close realitive to a hamburger, but with a sausage cut open and grilled. In addition to tomatoes and onions it has cold, cooked carrots.
More cool street art that just recently got painted, but the pictures didn´t turn out well because cars kept passing.
My little cactus thing. I think it´s adorable, but none of the pictures turned out very well.
Cool street art that I took a picture of to send to Hazel.
My new agenda, which I think came out pretty well. I really love the quotes that Sister Meyers sent with me to put on agendas.
There are about 210 missionaries and about 20 missionaries per zone, so I think there are about 10 zones. At least 6 of which are in Cochabamba. Everyone pays a lot of attention to the new missionaries because we are interested in who they are and where they are coming from and if they´ve seen the latest movies. The missionaries who are leaving get teased.
I don´t really remember Joshua. [I told her that my cousin and his wife are expecting a baby in September.--Kathie] Is he the one that teaches history?
Thanks for the photos. Robert looks a lot like Logan in this photo and the rocks are all crisp and in focus. :)
I love you all.
-Natalie
PS I´m going to try to send you some of the photos from the mission´s dropbox, because I´m not allowed to give you the password and name.
PS There is a graduation gift for Charles that I left. It´s wraped in brown paper with yellow and blue ribbons.
No comments:
Post a Comment