Sorry about all the confusion with the emails last weeks. I just hit reply like normal, but it only went to Charles. I got a phone call from Hna Hansen Monday night asking if I was okay, which I was.
I am very well aware that the Pope is going to be in Bolivia. It´s a pretty big deal, but the only real impact is the the price of traveling has a apparently gone up since so many people are traveling to see the Pope. However, there are posters around reminding people of it. If they televise the visit, we might catch a glimps of it.
Thanks for all the world news.
Wow, Charles is going to Rio!!! If there are picture, forward them to me please.
I love hearing about all the news from home, but never have time to respond to it all. Today, it looks like only you [Dad] are going to get an email and not Mom.
There are a ton of photos, because I didn´t have time to load them last week and both weeks I took a lot.
First are a lot of photos of Roselyn and her baby. They are so adorable together. These photos should not go on the blog because Roselyn doesn´t want the photos of her and the baby to be so public.
The big new map of our area up on the wall.
Some of the things up on the wall next to my desk.
Cool art of different catherals/churchs on the wall of an alleyway.
Last pday our zone went to a barbaque for the birthday of a friend of the secretaries, who helps them out a bunch. It was really fun, but started late, took a long time and then a bunch of us stayed late to help wash the dishes. Thus we were really rushed last pday.
We went to the temple with Hna Loida, a less active member, who was going for the first time to do baptism for the dead. Her two grandkids came with us and were adorable. The temple grounds had snapdragons and I took a lot of photos.
A celebration at the local cathoic church. We stopped to watch the dances and took some videos, too. It was really pretty. We think it was probably for the patron saint of that particular church because it was only there, not in other parts of the city.
There are more photos, but I don´t think they are all going to load before we´ll have to go.
Today we had to cancel all of our plans to visit former areas because we had a zone activity. We went to Tunari where there was snow. This last few days have been unusually cold and it rained on Saturday, which was very unusual for this time of year. Thus, the mountains were full of snow. It was rather cold, but I dressed warmly and wasn´t as cold as everyone else.
Thanks for your letter last week too. I have thoughts to respond to it, but they will have to wait til next week (when I will also have news about my new companion).
No comments:
Post a Comment