Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12


Hi Mom, and everyone else because this letter is for the blog.

Things are going well here with my new companion, Hna Garcia. She is from Chile (we are getting a lot of comments about the ocean, but mostly in a friendly joking manner) and is 30 years old. That´s a bit older than most sister missionaries. The mode is probably 20 or 21 like me. (Look I still remember things from math.)  

Hna Garcia and I have a lot in common, both converts, we both like to read, and we are getting along just fine. What I like best about her is that she knows why she´s here in the mission and has strong testimony. She studied early childhood education and has a ton of pets at home (she just showed me photos of her dog´s five new puppies). We are working hard and trying to find more people to teach. 

I was planning to write back to a ton of people who have written to me (Aunt Beth, Charles, Robert, Dad, etc...), but you will have to wait a bit more, because I want to use a bit of my internet time for family history, which I have gotten really excited about.

This Friday we went to the temple with Alfonzo, who got baptised almost 2 months ago, and Loida, his wife, to do baptism for the dead. We helped them organized and enter in internet their own family names and I also gave them each one of mine, my greatgreatgrandparents, Philip Eidemiller and Mary Magdalena Schuck. It was so special to finally do the family history work for my own ancestors. I´ve researched a ton, but I hadn´t actually taken any own the names to the temple. 

Being in the temple with Loida and Alfonzo was a great spiritual experience and it makes me really happy to remember that in a little less than a year they can be selled (I still can´t spell) in the temple with their daughters. 

Dropbox is not loading today so you might not get any photos. 

My feet are doing just fine, just sweaty because it´s hot out. My shoes are holding up just fine and I really apriciate the socks that Grammie´s neighbor gave me. They are the only socks I use and I think they will last the whole mission. 

I love you and hope you are all well. 


today we played capture the flag. It was fun, but very hot out. Pictured: Hna Balderrama, Hna Silva, me, Hna Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment