I have not gotten the [Christmas] box yet, but as I have Grammie´s package, I will have somthing to open on Christmas morning (or probably in the night, as is the tradition here).
My companion on the computer next to me, just accidently deleated a lot of her photos and is all stressed. I´m trying to be sympathetic, but I hope it doesn´t put her in a bad mood all day.
I think I have heard of "you´re not special" before. I like the idea because it means that even if you only achieve normal things in your life, you are still a good person. I don´t need to be the best in everything or anything. I just need to achieve good, normal things in my life. I should study hard so that I can be happy with myself, but I don´t need to be in the top 10% of the class. I should work hard as a missionary because I want to please God, but the fact that others have more success does not mean my work is not important. I can do good and important things without being ¨special¨ or extraordinary.
This week we were given our new Christmas video to share with our investigators and the people we try to talk with in the street. Here it is, if you want to see it. I really like the music and the part that says rejoice greatly. It makes me remember and be able to tell people that God wants us to be happy. That´s why He gave us Jesus Christ.
The photos today are:
A lot of photos outside the temple during intercambios with Hna Chicaiza
The sidewalk outside the temple says missionary walk 2001. I don´t know why or what it´s refering to.
Hna Vilca and I. The camera goes blurry at night.
Hna Callata going through her photos as we wait for lunch to be ready. We eat in the back of the pensionistas store because the kitchen is often crowded.
I had a LOT more to say, but I didn´t keep track of the time. I´ll write to you first next week and arrange for the skype call too.
I love you all a ton.
Love,
Natalie






No comments:
Post a Comment