[There are now photos in the Feb 15 post too.]
What you say about having fun is very true. That is something that I´ve learned with my companions. I´m also not all that good at having fun. However, I am learning to enjoy chatting with people and making new friends. For example, we had a lot of fun last Pday getting together with 4 other sisters to try a new restaurant of American food. It was both fun to chat and also the pancakes and eggs, while not quite American, were very good. At home I mostly had fun by watching tv and movies, which is not an option here and also not a great way of having fun. I recommend getting people together to eat something. For example, yesterday we couldn´t proselytize because of the voting on the refurendum, so we planned a barbaque thing with Roberto, Brayan, Pamela and her husband and the elders that we hope will start teaching Pamela and her husband. It was a lot of fun because we didn´t have any time pressure to leave and were able to help cook and then hang out (and also try to teach Pamela and her husband a bit).
So, there were elections yesterday. You should be able to google what they were able. The effect on us was that we couldn´t work at all on Sunday and on Saturday and Friday we could only have set appointment, we couldn´t knock on doors, contact people outside or go over just to see if someone was home. We could only do things when we had called first to confirm the appointment. Still we kept pretty busy with two different service projects and some other visits. Now it looks like all the excitement of the voting has passed, but I also don´t see the news so I don´t really know.
My photos:
Hna Bender curled my hair and we took a lot of selfies.
She also stuck a piece of paper that says ¨my wayward son¨ to my keep calm and carry on sign. Do you know that song?
Hna Bender feeling tired. She´s still not feeling very well.
I hope to give you some photos that Hna Bender took later on.
Also, I got a paper letter from Dad . Thank you! I like your thoughts on British literature. It makes sense. I don´t think I would like rye bread, but I like the dark brown bread from Saturday lunch on Three Mile, so I´ll give it a try. Your letter makes the comment from last week´s photo about the temperature going to church make more sense. The latin mass sounds really cool.
I love you all. I miss you a lot. As of today, I´ve been away from home for 16 months.






No comments:
Post a Comment