Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14

This week I am getting a few weeks worth of photos to you. Starting with some wierd flowers that we ran across. 





You should also find pìcture of:

Steven, a beautiful white cat that likes to hang out with the sisters in the villa graciela ward. We can´t have pets, but their neighbors´ cat spends a lot of time in their house and is totally adorable.




Several pictures of Hna Bender trying to climb a tree. We are in Hna Isabel´s yard, which is very pretty and 
peaceful. 






Hna Bender was very tired and feel asleep in the middle of reading a conference talk out loud. It was very funny and I took a picture. (we are in Hna Isabel´s house.)


There was a cool rainbow the other day.




Hna Bender resting while I prove to her that Nephi´s brothers did try to throw him off a cliff once. 1 nephi 17:48. I found it, well, it only says that they tried to throw him into the sea, but if you are on a beach that isn´t going to do any damage. It must have been a cliff. 


Hna Bender took a photo of me showing Hermano Antonio picture of the prophet during a lesson. I don´t know how no one noticed the camera. Hno Antonio came to church with us this last Sunday. 😃

I was in intercambios in barrio Las Cuadras this week and took a cool photo of the view from a small, but very steep hill. You can see the Alalay Lagoon and the Cristo in the corner. 


Some hurried selfies. (it´s not the type of neighborhood where you really want to take your camera out.)



Hna Bender with a small pig. Usually we don´t see any pigs, but we were really high up in the mountain, where it is a lot more rural. We also saw a lot of cows, but didn´t take any photos. Oh, there are photos. They were very big and very close.









About working for those 5 weeks, I would like the dog walking job and I will ask around about baby sitting. I feel much more confident about baby sitting than last time I tried it (I think I was in jr high or a freshman). 

Hna Bender finishes her mission in June, six weeks after me. She is going to go to school in Orem, Utah, so we are already planning on spending time together after the mission. We are hoping to stay together for as long as possible, but I think it is likely that I will be transfered in 2 weeks and spend my last 6 weeks in a different area. I hope that if I have to be transfered, I will get to go to a different city, or at least to the outskirts of Cochabamba.

This week we had several funny experiences. Ester´s dog peed on my foot, which was very funny and also very annoying.

Also, a few nights ago we got home and there was a wierd sound in the bed room. It was a sort of slurping noise as if a medium sized animal was eating something. We opened the door briefly and didn´t see anything unusual, but there are lots of spaces that something could hide, such as under the bed or behind the extra matresses or the dresser. Also, in the bathroom there is a large, purposeful, but uncovered hole up to the crawlspace where something could come in.

Thus we quickly left the house and called Roberto, because we knew that he would both be willing to help and also capable of getting the animal out of the house. He showed up in a bit with his brother Brayan. They went up and listened at the door. There was definitely something slurping in our room. With broom and large squeege in hand they carefully entered the room and looked around nervously to listen to where the animal might be hiding.

However, upon entering the room and getting a different perspective you could see that the floor was wet and then notice that water was dripping from the cieling. There had never been an animal, just a slurping sound of drops of water hitting the floor. We talked to our very nice land lady and got it all fixed. There had been leaky pipes in the crawlspace above us. 

Also this week I bought chicken and actually cooked a few of my dinners instead of just making a sandwich or a cheese quesadilla, which made me feel pretty grown up. I asked Hna Bender and she says that we definitely count as grown ups now. I don´t know when that happened, but she must be right. All of the leaders in the mission are young adults, except for the mission president and his wife, who we only see about once a month. Yet, everything runs smoothly and we make a real difference in a lot of people´s lives. I think we must be grown ups now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment