I'm doing well. I sent you a letter my second day here, but I'm not sure if you have it yet.
Things are going well. I am very busy, mostly with class, which is learning how to teach lessons from Preach my Gospel. It is all in Spanish, which is sometimes a bit difficult, but the challenge is usually the material. Our teachers are two BYU students, but they are very good at it, despite being only a few years older than us.
I've adjusted very easily to dressing formally all the time, I think because my clothing in pretty comfortable. I'm surprised by how tight and short the skirts some sister were. My shoes all work well, some better than others.
The MTC in general is a well oiled machine moving huge numbers of people this way and that. We have a strict schedule and very little unscheduled time. The only part that doesn't seem to run smoothly is the cafeteria where the lines are always way too long. By the time you get your food you have very little time to eat, unless you pick the unpopular item. They food is pretty much the same as BYU's yummy, but not many healthy options. I still can't figure out how they always have lots of nice pineapple.
We are supposed to speak Spanish all the time, because we can, but I find Sister Lopez and I get along a lot better in English. In Spanish it doesn't always seem worth the effort to make the unnecessary conversation that helps us get to know each other. On days we have class we speak a lot more Spanish because we get in the mode, but today and Sunday, not much around us was in Spanish, so we mostly spoke English.
I think I have all the right stuff. My hymn books arrived on time and almost all my clothes fit the modestly standards.
Dad doesn't seem weird about writing. I'm replying to you before reading his messages, but he's sent me two articles, I think.
I think you can write as much as you want and I'll just reply once a week.
Picture right in the middle of the email because that's where they showed up:
In class we have lessons about things like how to start a lesson or how to teach about the Book of Mormon and then practice teaching lessons to the teachers. We start teaching other people this week, who we are pretty sure are actors or other teachers, but the teachers insist that a percentage of them are real investigators. Hermana Lopez and I know that ours is a teacher because we meet him the other day.
Generally, I'm happy and doing well. When you are with someone all the time, the little things, like not walking at the same speed get really annoying, but mostly we get along well. We also speed a lot of time with the other two sister with whom we share a class and room and they are really nice.
I thought the song choice for the broadcast we watched on Sunday was really funny. Every Sunday there is a Mormon Tabernacle Choir does a performance called Music and the Spoken Word. One of there songs was Tonight from West Side Story. It's a really pretty song, but if you know the story, the girl singing is looking forward to having sex with her new boyfriend.
Okay, I need the time to respond to Dad, so that's all for this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment