Friday, November 28, 2014

November 17

I haven´t had time to read your letter (before I started to write), but wanted to respond to some of the questions and just tell you about my week.

Yes, I have a frigde. I am walking a lot, but the people here are very proud of the fact that most missionaries gain weight while in Cochabamba unless they get sick. Yes, we just have a hot plate with frying pan and electic kettle, but we only cook our own breakfast. We do get some vegetables, they just aren´t in the proportions I´m used to. 

I had lots of time all week to think about all the things I wanted to tell you about Bolivia and our investigators and everything, but I don´t actually have time to write much. My idea of a great p day involves doing as little as possible and napping because we are so busy all week, but the elders want to do lots of big trips (see picture) and such. 

I don´t think we were really supposed to play paint ball, but it´s a lot of fun.

It rains a bit and show rain more and more every week for a while. It can also get really hot when the sun´s out. I don´t know the exact temperature because everything is in celcius, but it feels really hot.

You don´t need to print my emails now.

My clothing is great. Only one of the three pairs of shoes really works, but they are great. The brown ones from keens this lots of tread. I think they might last the whole mission. the black one´s are okay and I´ll wear them occaionaly, but the tan ones rubbed all the skin off a bit of my heel and I don´t think I can wear them at all. 

Ideally one sees the mission president very rarely at zone conferences every few months. The only reason to see him more often is if you or your companion is sick or in trouble. We eat with a pair of elders (see picture) every day for lunch and dinner. we also seee them and a second pair every sunday. We do email in a internet shop where you pay a few bolivianos per hour for a computer. We plan pdays as a dictirct (the 6 of us) or zone (24ish), but whatever the zone or district leader discidedes we do. I think if hna Aliaga and I didn´t want to participate we don´t have to, but she wanted to go to the mountains so we did. I have no idea how transfers work, but I know I am defintly here until late januagry when hna aliaga leaves, and probably longer.

I could defintaly shop here if I ever had the time, but I don´t think I´ll need to for many months.

We have some really great investiagators and I love teaching them. The difficult part is the small talk before the lesson, but I know it´s important to establish a relationship with them. It even has it`´s own section in preach my gospel, called how to start teaching, so something like that (it´´s in spanish). I want to tell you about each of them, but I think we need to go now. Check drop box for photos. I gave dad the info. The computer didn´t get them all becuase it´s too slow, but I´ll upload the rest next week. 

thanks so much for the news from home. I with I had time to write a more thoughtful letter, I´ll try to be more relaxed next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment