Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10

[Photos from August 3 are now added.]

Thanks for all the great pictures. You all look happy and that it´s very sunny out. It is also a bit warmer here and it appears that the winter is starting the end (except that Sunday morning is started to rain in the middle of sacrament meeting and the noise distracted everyone.)

I bought a new camera this week. We didn´t even have to go shopping for it. The grown son of the pensionista was visiting yesterday and had a camera to sell for 100 dollars. It´s new, works great, and is better than the old one. I have only had it one day so the only photos are of me with the cat that belongs to someone else in the building. However, I will pass some of the photos from the mission´s dropbox to my dropbox. Most of them are from pday last week in Inkachaka, Elder Mandujanu has a new camera and took selfies with everyone. We had a great time, but afterwards I misplaced my green fleece and lost it. I assume from your message that you already have a bunch of the photos from the temple trip. Could you post a few on the blog, please?

Although it is only the middle of August, my birthday is in less than two months and it takes about a month for a package to arrive. Just a friendly reminder that I will turn 21 in a bit. :)

Things are going well in Cobija. We have serveral new investigators, and are getting to know the ward members even better. 

Hno Alfonzo´s baptism is going to be this coming Saturday. I was feeling pretty nevous about it because it felt a bit rushed. Once he understands something he doesn´t forget it, but usually we have to go over something several times before he gets it. He also works really long hours and gets home tired and doesn´t have time to read the Book of Mormon much. However, I decided to pray about it first before talking to my companion about changing the baptism date. I asked God if Alfonzo should be baptised the 15th and felt immediatly the Spirit conforting me and saying that it would all be okay. Alfonzo understands the convenent of baptism and the commandments and basic doctrine of the church. The little details can come after his baptism. Also, he has yet to miss a Sundaysince he moved here from Beni (another part of Bolivia), so I´m not worried that he´ll suddenly decide not to come. 

Thanks for the pictures of Charles and the news from his races. I miss sitting at dinner and being told in great detail about all his races and practices and plans.

What are Dad and Robert doing in Boston common? I can´t believe that Robert is starting driver´s ed! I´m glad that Dad is feeling a bit better. 

I do all my braid´s myself, but they take a while and only turn out well with damp hair, so I don´t do them that often. More often I do one french braid in Hna Simmon´s hair because she really likes to have braided hair. I also got my hair cut today, but I don´t think you´ll notice the difference in photos. It´s pretty much the same. 

Thanks for taking out some of my photos from dropbox. Please keep them safe, because I think I deleted them all from my camera memory when I put the memory in the new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment