Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16


A surprised cat, who doesn't live here, but kept coming in to the patio.

Yes, I got transfered. I was actually pretty sad about it at first. I decided at last minute that I would really rather stay in Cobija with Hna Garcia and the great ward leader. Also, the bishop invited us to his house for Christmas. However, my opinion has no effect on transfers so I am going to the cala cala ward as a sister training leader. As you will find out when you look it up on lds maps, cala cala is Cobija´s next door neighbor. I was a little disappointed because it is also a rather wealthy area. However, I had enough experience in the mission to know that the transfers are inspired and that I need to be in cala cala.

Another thing that helped me feel more positively is that I called my new companion, Hna Cayata, last night. She is so excited and pleased to have me as her companion and her positive energy wore off on me. My replacement here is Hna Greenhaugh, who I know vaguely to be a good person and I have assured Hna Garcia that she will be great. 

Hne Cayata told me that this is her last transfer in the mission, so I know going in that I have to learn the area in only one transfer, which feels manageable. Also, as a sister training leader (capacitadora) I will do intercambios (exchanges with the sisters in universidad and sacba stakes). I am not a huge fan of lots of intercambios, but this also feels manageable. It was not a huge surprise to be called as a capacitadora because I now have a good time in the mission and our mission has received so many new missionaries recently (30% have 3 months or less) that I am among the oldest.

Modeling my aguayo that I bought last week. It can all work as a table clothe, picnic blanket, or baby blanket.


I finally made the hummus recipe. It turned out really garlicy, but still good and very hummusy.


This morning we went to play basket ball as a district first thing in the morning. Afterwards, we took a photo. Elder May, who is recently joining the district today, took the photo, so I got a photo of him afterwards.




on the way back to the house I took some more photos.

I don´t particularly like this metal horse, but I walked past it at least 3 or four times a day.


One of the bigger avenues in the area.


Best mural ever.


The three pets of the house´s owners. as seen from our door on the second floor.


Hna Garcia waiting for me to finish taking photos.


We live (d) at Suipacha and general acha, which I said several times a week to taxi drivers. Taxis are cheap enough to take when we are running really late.



No comments:

Post a Comment