I really miss you and hearing that you accidentally brought out a place setting for me made me cry. Everything is fine here and I am getting along super well with Hna Garcia, but I still miss you. I feel that I am getting towards the end of my mission, but at the same time I still have many months left.
Next week I will know if I have a transfer. I´m pretty sure I will, but I actually might perfer to stay here. I get along well with Hna Garcia and we have lots of plans to work hard and improve in this ward. I know the ward members well and we have plans to visit the last few active members who I don´t know. I know the streets and can find directions quickly and we never get lost anymore. When I go the area will no longer have someone who knows it well because Hna Garcia has only been here for one transfer while I am on my 5th here. However, I think I will leave in a week.
I haven´t recieved anything yet, but Elder Hansen, who is in charge of the mail, says that I have somethings in the office and he´ll bring them to me when he gets the chance. Packages get to bolivia pretty quickly. Then slow down a bit from la paz to Cochabamba and then slow down even more when an elder has to pick them up from the city post office and remember to bring them to me.
Yes, Robert sent me some nice, normal day around the house photos. Charles looks way more grown up.
I think that´s it for this week. Things are going well.
Oh, I almost forgot the most important. We are just starting to teach a woman named Teresa a few weeks ago, she is really nice to us, but really evangelical. The first time we talked about the Book of Mormon, she said, no no no and didn´t want to hear anything about it. We insisted on leaving her a copy and she said she might read it. Well, in the next lesson I asked her if she had read it and she said ¨yes, and it´s a marvel, it´s poetic¨ with a big smile. The Book of Mormon has that power and that effect on people. When you read it, you can feel the Spirit and know that you are reading something good. When you pray to ask God if it´s true the Spirit comes even more strongly. The promise in Moroni 10:4 is true. Later on in the lesson, we asked Teresa if she thinks that Joseph Smith is a prophet. She said that he was a good and a holy man, but she isn´t sure if he´s a prophet because she´s really wary of false prophets. However, this was a huge progress for her and I was really happy to be reminded of how the Book of Mormon can really touch our hearts.
I bought leather scripture covers that many of the missionaries buy. I´m really happy about how they turned out. You will see in the photo the Boston temple and the cochabamba temple and one of my favorite scriptures. The cover will be for an English quad, which I plan to buy when I get home. They cost about 23 dollars, which is really cheap for nice leather things, but took up a lot of my monthly allowence. I will have to take money out of my bank account again this month.
This morning we went to play futbol (soccer) in a part of Cochabamba that I hadn´t visited before. It was fun to run around a bit. We played gringos vs latinos, which not only makes it easier to remember who´s on your team, but also gets more exciting. I played on the latinos team because none of the elders really cared which team the sisters were on and I ¨wanted to win¨, which we were (winning) as I and the other sisters left. We had a lot of shopping and errands to run and didn´t want to stay as long playing futbol.
On the way up from the road to the futbol field, we passed a whole bunch of sheep. We stopped to take fotos because sheep are not common in our bit of the city.
You can see the Cristo de la Concordia in the distance back of one of the fotos.
Then we waited for the trufi to go to the cancha to go shopping. I bought a couple souveniers, mangos (¨hand over a whole mango, please¨), and got my watch fixed. The wrist band had finally, and after a lot of glue fallen apart, and I bought a new band.
I tried to take a selfie of us, but I didn´t show up in the foto. Hna Balderrama has a cool shirt that says ¨I´m the fun friend¨



No comments:
Post a Comment