Thanks for your letter and the photos. Hna Bender and I want to know if Charles is dancing ballet or just leaping about. Either way it looks cool. I do have photos this week so I will start by telling you about them.
First Hna Bender is chasing baby or adolecent chickens in the park. She did not catch any of them.
A selfie after the temple trip. The white background is a very cloudy sky.
The sisters of universidad zone outside the temple. From left to right we are: Hermanas Vilca, Olivas, Beltran, Chicaiza, Rosillo, me, Gutierrez, Bender.
Then with some of the elders as well. but not all because we couldn´t gather them all at the same time.
Hna Carrie´s little kid with their kitten.
selfies with hna Mosteza in intercambios. I am borrowing a coat because it was actually very cold (as cochabamba goes) and rainy that day.
With some of Hna Mosteza´s investigators.
Hna Bender taught me to throw the noodles at the wall to see if it´s done. I thought it was a lot of fun. We are trying to cook cool things at night, but we are always very tierd and don´t have any time so we eat a lot of noodle, hot dogs, scrambled eats and mashed potates. However, we are going food shopping today after this and will buy better things, such as tortilla wraps and deli meat and fruit (mangos
)
A cool mural.
A tree near our house. Robert, do you want to find out what sort of tree it is, please?
Selfies behind a large bush. First, we are not very good at taking selfies in which we both show up. Second, there is a story behind these. We went to an appointment and saw the testigos (jehovah´s witnesses) already at the door. Thus we hid akwardly behind the bush until they went away. Then our person wasn´t home and the husband wasn´t all that excited to talk to us when the testigos had just barely left.
Some of this photos are from a few weeks ago I don´t remember if I had sent them to you yet.
The news this week is that Brayan finally went to chuch with his brother, Roberto, and his mom, Cristina, who both always go. They are a really awesome family. Roberto, if you remember, was baptised at the end of december. We invited them two to be baptised yesterday and they accepted a baptismal date for the 13th of feb. Cristina was especially excited to be baptised and Brayan is also eager to do what he knows is right and true, it just is a bit more difficult for him to stop going out drinking and partying with his friends and to be at church at 8am on sundays.
Even though Hna Cristina always goes to church and eagerly awaits our visits, we were a little nervous about talking about baptism with her. She´s a bit older and doesn´t always understand everything we teach. However, we taught her about Joseph Smith and realized that she had grasped a lot from being in the room during lessons with other family members. She remembered everything about the first vision, had clearly read the pamphlet and even corrected Hna Bender when she misspoke and said that the first vision was in 1830 insted of 1820. We invited her to pray to ask if Joseph Smith was a prophet and the next lesson discribed how she recieved her answer and knows that the church is true. I´m so happy about Hna Cristina and also that Brayan finally came to church. they are trying really hard to follow God and keep the commandments.
This week Hna Bender and I learned an important lesson on obedience. We´d been slacking a little this week on doing our morning exercizes and studying spanish and we could see the results. We were not receive the insperation to find new people to teach and were not very happy either. This cuminated with Saturday night when we could not find anyone to visit from 7 until 9 at night when we go home. We visited absolutly everyone we could think of and then tried to knock on doors, which didn´t work because it was dark out and people didn´t want to talk. We just ended wandering about being sad. However, we talked and reflected together and decided to be much more obedient this week to be able to have people to teach and have the Spirit with us more. Although in the moment I wanted to cry, I learned an important lesson that obedience really does bring blessings and that I can´t do this work without the Spirit and God´s help.
I love all of you a ton.















No comments:
Post a Comment