Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4






I{ve had a good week with lots of new things. I already know Hna vilchez and I enjoy being her companion. We live in two little room, but we make every thing fit (expect a few photos).


Sucre is very nice. It is cooler here than in Cochabamba, although it still gets pretty hot and sunny in the middle of the day. Sucre is known for being very clean, which is it. There are a lot of toursits and also a lot of cholitas and also a good number of menonites, who are very blonde and European-looking. 

I enjoyed watching general conference, but I had to watch the majority in Spanish because I am the only white sister in Sucre (there are only 6 sisters in all), and there was no one to accompany me to the room where it was shown in English. But, I understand it just fine in Spanish. I just perfer to hear the original voices of the speakers. There were beautiful messages on a range of topics, but the ones that especially called my attention were about the importance of the temples. It renewed my desire to visit the temple as often as possible. In the Women{s conference the theme was service, both close to home and helping the refugees all over the world. 

You should find photos of:

pday with the zone in cbba




sights in sucre


Early morning sun and shots out the window.






colored lights in the park at night


pictures from our trip this morning with the other missionaries. We went up to Cristo Negro where a lot of people apparently sacrifice things and judging by the bottles, drink a lot. We hiked up (a little less than an hour) and down again.










Surprise, new hair cut. I really like how it turned out. I want to buy new glasses too, but I think I will wait to be home to do so. How much to glasses cost in the US? Because they aren{t as cheap as I thought they would be here. 




Thanks for the fall class schedule. It looks great. I{ll make the changes that we already talked about after I get home or after summer term. 

I think that{s all for this week. I love you all so much. I can{t wait to see you all in just a few weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment