Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25: the penultimate post!




Hi Mom and everyone,

How nice to hear from you. As I get closer to seeing you I think of you more and more.

The good news it they are not beg bugs, but fleas. A few weeks ago the family that we live with got a new dog, which they found on the street and took in because it looked just like the old dog that had died a few months ago. However, it was very badly behaved and had a ton of fleas even after being bathed. They decided to get rid of it and yesterday took it to get adopted by a nice little family who aparently have enough space for a medium sized dog. Thus the fleas can from the dog and we are hoping that they will disapear in a few days. We are also treating them with a lot of antiflea spray, and bug spray and anti-itch cream. Any other advice for fleas?

Although I do not think they are bed bugs at all any more (we never found any in the bed or sheets and they don{t bite much at night, mostly when we are sitting at our desks in the morning and evening). I still think washing everything (in a less extreme way) would not be a bad idea. Just because I neve trust neither hand washing or the tiny little washing machine, that we are only allowed to use on the lowest setting, really get things clean. 

Who am I now? I don{t know if I{ve changed a lot. I{ll let you decide that one, but I am a little different. I think I am more social and aware of other people. Although, I still wish more more alone time that I get as a missionary. I still don{t like doing lots of things at once and get stressed by too much activity, but maybe less so. Other all, I have more defined goals for my life and who I want to be and what I want to do. My faith is stronger and I can better articulate what I believe and why. the main thing that I have learned is how to notive defects in myself and strive to change them. That doesn{t mean that I have succeded yet, but at least I know how to try. I hope to spend lots of time chatting with you and dad and the boys and seeing how you have and haven{t changed. 

I got Dad{s letter yesterday and was sooo happy with it. I translated it out loud to  hna Vilchez, like I do with most of my letters. I had been feeling pretty confident in my Spanish abilties (I am practicing sight translation and trying to translate out loud in real time from our church videos too). However, I could not translated any of the political parts. I look forward to reading more things other than church materials in Spanish and perfecting more my Spanish.

I loved the updates on the news. I can{t believe that Trump is actually winning the republican primary. Bolivia is pretty unanimously against him (if it is that they follow international news) and I thought it was more of a joke that got the media attention. Will I be home in time to vote in the primary? or did it already pass for Massachusetts?

Yesterday I gave a talk in church after only getting 3 days notice. I had to speak on sustaining our leaders and think I did a decent job. I found a good balace between writing out everything and winging it by writing my keypoints and a few parts that I wanted to explain in a particular way. I was going to speak for 15 minutes, but at last minute I was asked to speak for only 10, but that was okay because my talk when I praciticed it was only 13 minutes and it wasn{t too hard to shorten a little. I think of it as a test run for speaking in the Acton Ward. I know now that I can talk for 15 minutes without making a fool of myself. 

I focused my talk on why be sustain our leaders and the manner in which is church is organized by God in the same way in all eras. We can trust our leaders because God is trusting them. 

We have a great investigator named Yamile (Ja-mil-e). She is a young lawyer who rents the office under our room. She has come to church 4 times in a row now and is reading the Book of Mormon. She says that she hasn{t recieved an answer to her prayer to know if the Book of Mormon is true yet, but that she really likes the church and the things that she{s learning with us. I am very hopeful that she will be ready to be baptized in a month or so. Hna Vilchez has a photo of us. Maybe she{ll pass it to me. 

Thanks of the photos of the boys. I finally got all my photos loaded. The only ones that are from this last week are the last few with the dog. (I took the pictures to send to Hna Bender who met the family when the dog was tiny only a few months ago. All the girls are friends of a less active member who let us in even when all her friends were over studying biochemistry and we introduced ourselves to them all and after a fun conversation got their direction to visit them or send the other missionary. 

I love you all so much. I miss you a ton. I can{t wait to give you all a big hug (and probably a kiss on the check too, because that{s what I{m used too. ðŸ˜˜) I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment